Among the Living
1 Feb 1972 - Man Builds, Man Destroys: A major UN series of 30 half-half color films dealing with our global environment and what man is doing to it.
About the United Nations: Peacekeeping and Peacemaking
1993 - WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES. This documentary film examines peacekeeping and peacemaking around the world through the lens of a UN photographer.
Alistair Cooke Interviews UN Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjöld - Part 2
10 Jun 1955 - Alistair Cooke, well-known writer and television personality, interviews UN Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjöld for the Canadian Broadcasting Company, in the latter's office at UN Headquarters.
Inauguration of Middle East Regional Radioisotope Centre
1 Mar 1963 - Commentator interviewing IAEA and UAR doctors and scientists at the inauguration of the Regional Radioisotope Centre.
- The AV Library has over 6,330 hours of historical content in 35,16 and 8mm film and 49,400 hours of video stored in its off-site archives.
- To find out more about digitizing this historic UN footage, please contact us.
- Over 18,000 hours of audio in a wide variety of formats are available in our off-site archives.
- Currently, 200 of the 1,000 available historic UN Radio Classics are now available for download on this website.
- In 2013, an independent producer helped to digitize over 100 UN Concerts.
- To find out more about digitizing these historic UN recordings, please contact us